Mid Pines Golf Clubs’ restoration in 2013 received top honors for the United States as the project was named the best U.S. resort renovation in 2013 by Golf Magazine in the January issue.
The work on the Pinehurst golf course was designed by Kyle Franz of Kyle Franz Golf Course Design, and the work was completed during the summer of 2013. Mid-Pines is a part of the Pine Needles Golf Resort. For those unfamiliar with the Mid Pines Inn and Golf Club, here are some recent updates provided from their website.
For nearly a century, golfers have reveled in the serene ambiance of Pine Needles and Mid Pines Resorts. Two 18-hole Donald Ross designed resort golf courses have earned us our place among the country’s best golf resorts – and one to which our guests and USGA Championships return to time and again.
The resort is just one mile from Southern Pines’ historic downtown and four miles from the Village of Pinehurst, and it within an hour’s drive of Raleigh and Charlotte.
Come experience a tradition like no other at Pine Needles Lodge and Mid Pines Inn.
• Two Championship Donald Ross Golf Courses
• Two unique and charming hotel accommodations: Pine Needles Lodge & Mid Pines Inn
• Full service formal and casual dining facilities at both properties
• Extensive golf practice facilities
• Leisure activities such as a pool, grass tennis courts and recently renovated fitness center
• Over 23,000 square feet of meeting and event space
FOLLOW US on Twitter for up-to-date news and for the best chances to WIN our FREE ROUNDS, VACATIONS and more! We’re giving a LOT away this season and all you have to do is FOLLOW US ON TWITTER at @Golf_NCSC and find us on FACEBOOK by searching for GolfNorthCarolina.com.
They’re ALL FREE to Join, Subscribe or Follow Us and we promise to keep you well-informed. Share our website with your friends. We’d appreciate it a lot.